Happy 60th Birthday Dad

Today would have been my dads 60th birthday. For those who don't know my dad passed away 4 years ago. He is one of the greatest people that I have ever known, and I miss him every day. We haven't done anything to celebrate my dads birthday the last couple of years, so I have just tried to remember the things that I loved and miss most about my dad on this day, and I would like to share some of them that have been on my mind today.
My dad absolutely loved Lili, he was my babysitter when I had to go work, and they got to be extremely close, she would rather have been with her Papa then with Koop and I most of the time!
My dad got so excited when he turned 55, because he qualified for the senior citizen discount at some places! (he would have been over the moon about the discounts at 60!)
He loved being out doors, we would go to Fish Lake every summer and when we were there you would never hear him complain about being in any pain because he was in total bliss being in nature and doing manly stuff!
He was very dedicated to his family. He took care of my grandma after my grandpa died, he sent birthday cards to his brothers and sisters for every occasion, he would help any of his children at a drop of a hat if we needed it.
He loved you unconditionally no matter how bad you screwed up....well he would tell you that you screwed up...then tell you how much he loved you!
These are just a sliver of things.... but you get the point, he was the GREATEST, I love you dad and miss you.
(I searched for a picture of my dad NOT doing something silly, but I don't have one! he was always trying to get a laugh, that is another one, he had the best sense of humor.)

2 comments:

Jeff and Brandi said...

Happy birthday Dee! I miss eating
M and M's with him!

Beck said...

Happy Birthday to my man!!I LOVED LOVED LOVED that guy. He was always making me laugh. He was an amazing man. Love ya girl!!